In 1680, a medicine man named Popé led the Pueblo Indians to drive the Spanish people out of New Mexico. Here is a site that will help you learn how he did it. Print this page first and bookmark it so that you can return quickly when you are done.
1. Go to the site http://www.pbs.org/weta/thewest/wpages/wpgs400/w4pope.htm
2. In what month did Popé begin the revolt? _______________
3. How many warriors did he bring against the Spanish? ______________
4. How many Friars (priests) were killed? _______________
5. In what year did Popé die? ______________
Return to Antes de Mis Padres Home Page | Return to Researching Your Family History